Monday 2 April 2012

End of the World?!


Worse Things Have Happened
Apparently the world is going to end this year. Well let me tell you something it’s definitely not going to end this year.

How do I know? Because it ended in 1979 when the last bottle of Domaine Armand Rousseau Pere et Fils Chambertin 1936 was polished off by some ghastly bankers too stupid to know the difference between it and a wretched Claude Dugat Griottes-Chambertin 1879.

Once I'd heard that that last bottle had been drunk I was forced to instantaneously assult all the staff in order to forget!

And since that time I've never been near a blasted bank either. Animals!!

2 comments:

  1. Althorpe Armatage-Shanks4:21 pm, April 04, 2012

    i thought the world nearly ended the other day when my butler had the temerity to ask for a day off. i found myself choking with shock on my breakfast; after liberaly spraying the furniture with fragments of egg and smoked salmon, I found myself giving him the short thrift he deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short Shrift! It was as bad as that?! Egads man he won't be asking that again. My lot are still on strike! Can't thrash em until they're back on the estate don cha know! What is the world coming to Shankers?!

    ReplyDelete